Great with Finance, enjoy working with figures? Want to work for a supportive and friendly organisation? Are you “hands on” and looking for a varied role? Then take a look at our Bookkeeper role that we are working on for our client based on the outskirts of Horsham. This really is a fantastic opportunity! Please note this is a year’s contract.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- Prepare invoices, ensuring all expenses are recharged
- Monitoring credit / deficit.
- All aspects of Sales & Purchase Ledger
- Respond to customer queries and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Maintaining Khaos Accounts, reconciling payments received and paying supplier invoices in accordance with contractual payment periods.
- Bank accounts reconciliations and credit control.
- Raising and posting trade credit notes, invoicing errors and posting journals.
- Sending customer statements at end of each month, and chasing payment from all accounts exceeding credit terms.
- Preparing cheques for banking.
- Setting up supplier accounts, posting all purchase invoices to relevant accounts and flagging any disputed invoices after being passed out for signing off.
- Posting all standing orders/ direct debits, BACS receipts and miscellaneous payments/receipts.
- Daily Affiliates approval
- Filing Sales invoices daily
Dependent upon capacity, the Bookkeeper may also be involved in some of the following duties:
- Opening & Distributing post.
- Keeping record of staff holiday & sickness
- Telephones: Oversight of supplier relationship; updating telephone database regularly.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office by contributing suggestions to improve internal processes and systems.
- Maintaining a tidy working environment
- Undertake other duties as may be required to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Great attention to detail
- Team player
- Positive and proactive individual
- Analytically minded
- Knowledge of Bank and reconciliations
- Excel / Word Microsoft skills
- Accounting qualification desirable not essential
- Excellent Time Management
- Ability to robustly troubleshoot encountered issues independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Due to the location you must drive.
- £24,000 - £26,000
- One Years Contract
- Allocated Parking
Does this sound like your new dream role then please send your CV today!
Harris Lord are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Finance Officer, Bookkeeper, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts, Finance, Khaos Accounts Software.
Contact: Ashley Humphreys
Keywords: Finance Officer, Bookkeeper, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts, Finance, Khaos Accounts Software.
Apply For This Job