Capex Projects Manager
Capex Projects Manager
Healthcare Company – South West London
£60,000 - £80,000 + 10% Bonus
Our client is a well-established healthcare company with a strong product portfolio spanning a number of years. Due to continued growth in the business we are now looking for a Capex Projects Manager to join the business.
The role will involve developing, managing and maintaining a continuous program of replacement and improvement of all production equipment in line with strategic plans, in order to increase efficiencies, minimise unplanned maintenance, and ensure safety and compliance through appropriate design, validation, and installation.
To develop and manage facility improvement projects where required, utilising approved contractors.
To deliver Capex projects across both our Manufacturing sites through the effective management of budget, project scope, timescales, stakeholder expectations, and organisational priorities.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop short and long term plans for capital investment of equipment and facilities.
- Provide initiatives for upgrading plant and systems that will result in improvements to health and safety, quality, productivity and capacity.
- To design and develop solutions for capex related projects, with external support where required
- To manage contractors and suppliers of services to the site in relation to capital expenditure projects, and issue permits to work where necessary.
- Ensure that all new equipment meets pharmaceutical requirements for the prevention of cross contamination of finished product via appropriate materials and design
- Ensure that all new equipment permits ease of use, maintenance, and cleaning.
- Ensure that all equipment is designed and installed to current Health & Safety standards
- To write sufficiently detailed user requirements specifications (URS) for new equipment prior to purchase.
- To raise change controls to gain QA approval of new equipment or facilities projects
- To work with suppliers to provide quotations and to raise sufficiently detailed capex proposals for business approval.
- To attend factory acceptance trials (FAT) for new equipment where required.
- To write validation master plans (VMP) protocols and reports for all new equipment, with support from the Validation team
- To write and execute the design, installation, operational, and performance qualification (DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ) of all new equipment, with support from the Validation team.
- To write work instructions (WIs) for the use, cleaning, and maintenance of all new equipment, with support from the Maintenance team.
- To manage the capital expenditure budget and present regular updates to site management and Finance.
Qualification / Experience
- Educated to degree level
- Engineering experience and/or qualifications.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Significant experience in regulated FMCG packaging environment.
- Proven project management experience.
- Pharmaceutical or regulated healthcare/ FMCG experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical equipment requirements
- Management experience
- Validation experience
- Experience with several of the following
- Liquid filling
- Cartonner systems
- Tube filling
- Shrink-wrap systems
Are you interested in apply for this role? Click Apply Now.
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Keywords: capex, validation, continuous improvement, capital equipment, GMP, manufacturing,
Contact: Josh Hemsley
Keywords: Keywords: capex, validation, continuous improvement, capital equipment, GMP, manufacturing,
Apply For This Job