Production / Process Engineer
West Sussex – Medical Devices
Our client is a fast growing medical device business with over 60 years’ experience in being a specialised manufacturer. Due to continued growth in the business and a recent move to new premises out client is now looking for a Production / Process Engineer to join their team.
The objectives of this role are to provide engineering solutions on New Product Introduction, Equipment and Process Validation through to Process Improvement and cost savings. Using processional expertise to evaluate new and existing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practises within the existing manufacturing environment. Working across departments to investigate and deliver the next generation of innovative and creative manufacturing solutions to support new product development and business growth.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems
- Utilise Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methods to problem solve process issues and increase equipment reliability, process capability and product quality
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes by gathering observations from operators, liaising with equipment vendors, and applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Use this evaluation to implement projects designed to improve production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and product quality
- Work closely with R&D and QA/Validation departments to support the development, validation and transfer of new products into manufacturing, as well as developing the next generation of processing equipment using innovative technologies
-Solid experience as a manufacturing/process engineer
-Practical working knowledge of New Product Introduction / Lean manufacturing and / or process automation
-Involvement with Process Validation
-Working in healthcare/medical devices industry
-Working in GMP environment
-A working awareness of medical device regulations and the medical device directive (ISO13485, FDA QSR 21, CFR 820 etc.)
- Using 3D CAD software
Please click apply now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role
Keywords: production, production engineer, production engineering, manufacturing, manufacturing engineer, manufacturing engineering, process, root cause, NPI, NPD, process development, process improvement, medical devices, ISO13485, GMP,
Contact: Josh Hemsley
Keywords: Keywords: production, production engineer, production engineering, manufacturing, manufacturing engineer, manufacturing engineering, process, root cause, NPI, NPD, process development, process improvement, medical devices, ISO13485, GMP,
Apply For This Job