Project Manager - Medical Devices
Project Manager x 2 – Medical Devices
Bedfordshire & Wiltshire
Our client is a well-known name within the Medical Device Market, with operations in the UK and USA. Our client provides turn-key solutions for a number of markets within medical devices. Working on revolutionary and advanced products in the wearable technology and wound care market.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Project Managers to join the UK operation of the international business. Reporting into the USA this role is responsible for supporting customer projects, specifically to drive new product launches from concept to revenue stage.
A person in this position will serve two main functions:
- Manages market and/or customer based projects from initiation to customer launch.
- Supports the Technical, Quality, and Operations departments by performing new product development functions (e.g validation protocols, test reports, etc) to meet customer and internal requirements.
The key responsibilities are:
Healthcare Project Manager
- Develop, communicate and execute project plans that describe the design strategy to take a market or customer idea concept or process/material improvement from feasibility phase to commercialization, transforming the idea into a commercially viable, financially attractive end product for customers.
- Set project scope and objectives. Define and monitor tasks, milestones and risks throughout the project.
- Lead Cross Functional teams to execute project deliverables meeting required timelines while communicating changes in scope and/or timing to all appropriate functions
- Lead client engagement relationship and communication for projects
- Identify, log, analyze and manage potential and actual issues and risks, taking corrective action by tackling day-to-day issues head on
- Manage relationships between R&D and production; work with teams to scale up final design from the lab to a product that can be reliably manufactured with a validated production process
- Ability to manage internal process improvement projects as they become available including but not limited to raw material qualification and production process improvements
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in all aspects of delivering project
Virtues and Talents
The role incumbent will demonstrate the relevant talents for the role and will display the virtues aligned to our principles.
- Project management skills: setting and monitoring scope, actions and timelines, risk identification and mitigation
- Interact with customers, specifically to understand expectations, end product user requirements and design criteria through the project
- Strong leadership skills to effectively work with all team members
- Ability to transform product concepts into finished products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving and decision making
- Self-motivated to work independently or in a group
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly manner
- 5 years’ experience managing team based or individual projects
- 3 years experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in communicating with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Medical device knowledge of CE, FDA and GMP experience
- B.S. degree required, prefer science or engineering background
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience managing technical projects
Additional desirable skills, experience and qualifications:
- Skilled in project management software and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in ISO 13485
- Adhesive experience a plus
- PMP certification or similar project management certification
Feel your background and skills match the above? Click Apply Now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.
Contact: Josh Hemsley
Keywords: project manager, project, project management, engineering, technical, cradle to grave, concept, delivery, milestone, NPI, NPD,
Apply For This Job